In today’s fast-paced and internet-based world, it is incredibly important for your business to have an internet presence. To make the best use of the technology at your fingertips, you should have a thorough digital marketing strategy. Every business’s customer base is different and, as a business owner, you should tailor your marketing approach to the varying wants and needs of those customers. When you enlist the help of our ZipLocal services, we take your unique business and clientele into account to create a strategy first digital marketing strategy. To show you just how important the internet is to the success of your business, let’s take a look at five major reasons why you should have an adequate digital marketing strategy.
1. Stake Your Claim in the Internet WorldIf you have ever tried to find out more information about a business, only to find that they don’t have an updated webpage or social media, you already understand how important it is to stay on top of your internet presence with a digital marketing plan. When your business lacks an online presence, not only are you missing out on a good chance to throw your hat into the ring with competitors, but you are also losing relevancy in the minds of potential customers. In today’s internet-based world, a business that lacks an online presence, or at least an updated web presence, is often discounted as an outdated or irrelevant option by consumers. Good ways to stake your claim in the internet world include consistently updated social media accounts, email marketing, webpages, SEO and a Google My Business account.
2. Meet Customers Where They AreLook around you next time you are out in public, whether you are in your own place of business, a restaurant, a store or even a city park. You’ll notice a large percentage of people using their phones. If they’re on their phones out in public, you can guess how much time they spend on the internet when they’re at home. Because almost everyone has a smartphone, people have access to the internet 24/7, shopping, checking emails, researching and connecting with others on social media. Why not meet customers where they are? According to a recent survey, 78% of participants said they search the internet more than once a week to find info on businesses in their area. With a thorough digital marketing strategy, you don’t have to work as hard scouting for customers. Instead, you can reach them directly where they spend much of their time and may already be looking for you.
3. Target Your Audience With SpecificityWith digital marketing, the days of extensive marketing groundwork are coming to a close. Most digital marketing platforms allow business owners to very specifically target their customer base with advertisements. For example, if you want a Facebook post to be seen by only a certain demographic, you can sponsor a post set with those specific parameters to be seen only by Facebook users who identify as such. Digital marketing allows business owners to be more thorough with their promotional approach than ever without all the legwork.
4. Earn a High Return on InvestmentDigital marketing, especially email marketing, yields a high return on investment. This is why checkout employees at certain stores always ask for your email address. A large percentage of email advertisements generate sales. Companies that consistently promote their businesses on social media also tend to gain a considerable number of new customers. We’ve all seen social media ads for products we didn’t think we needed, but when they appear on our timelines in all their glory, they look so enticing! That is the power of digital marketing. Digital marketing is also easier to budget because you can choose how much you want to spend on marketing by the day.
5. Understand What Works and What Doesn’t
Digital platforms allow you to track how consumers interact with your advertisements and whether or not these interactions lead to sales. This valuable data can help you adjust your marketing strategies based on what works and what doesn’t. Additionally, having a website with reviews or maintaining a Google My Business account can help you determine what can be done better in your business and can help customers make an informed decision about choosing your products or services. Customers are significantly more likely to purchase from a company with several positive reviews over one with poor reviews or no reviews at all.
Are you ready to take your business to the next level? At ZipLocal, we take a strategy first digital marketing approach to help your company carve out its own corner of the internet. Having a marketing strategy with your digital marketing company is vital to the success of your organization. Contact us today to find out more about our services and how we can help your business stay relevant and thrive in today’s fast-paced digital world.